Thursday, August 17, 2006

The day was aiight, amidst still recovering from the dreadful hives.

Sent my mom to her spa centre at Liang Seah before heading to NTUC Income House to pick my dearest baby up after her class. We then headed to Far East. Well I miss shopping, I know it's wierd hearing this from a guy, albeit a really normal straight and not-the-least-bit-gay kind. Perhaps it's the company of my beloved that makes it all the more enjoyable aye? Heh. Walked around at first, and not before long, sat down at the infamous LJS to grab a quick bite. Had fun there with chilli sauces and the mayo. Fun, wasn't it my dear? Anyways after much bumming at LJS, I was 'threatened' to get my ass off before someone starts to feel sleepy by sitting down for too long. So off we went then. Hrmm.. Pharmacy to get some PADS and in search of the Nin-Jiom, but to no avail of the latter. Must've been outta stock I reckon. But who cares. *COUGHS ALOUD*

Walked almost the whole of Far East I guess, before coming to an insane idea of getting my younger brother a.k.a. John Young, rather known to the whole family as the next Singapore Idol, or perhaps the next Rain/Se7en. He really loves dancing and singing, and somehow, has the knack for it. Right now, O's first k? After that I'll sign you up for Poppin' lessons down at CHEC's dance school ma dearest bro. So we (my beloved and I) went in search of THE present. Walked straight in ReVoltage and the damn cap was bloody nice I tell ya! Although it was a lil' on the expensive side, I decided to geddit. Seriously, I even called Young up and asked him a silly question. Which went something like this :

*Phone rings*
Young, "Hello"
Me, "I give you some colours, you choose 1."
Young, "Ok"
Me, "Black, Gold, White or Brown"
Young, "*Hesitates*..... Black."
Me, "Ok ah? Confirm ah?"
Young, "Why leh kor?"
Me, "Getting you a belated birthday present ma... So confirm black ah?"
Young, "Wah! Ok thanks bro!"
Me, "Ok confirm. Bye"
Young, "Bye kor"
*Hangs up*

Immediately chose the black, and paid for. Even got myself a badge which they gave free. LOL. Think the salesperson must've thought what a wierd brother I was man.. Nevermind him. Honestly, I kinda like the white one.. I think I might head back down soon and geddit. Hah.

Off we went after paying.. and shopped around MORE. Nothing nice really, except for the cap. Called JingYin whom we were supposed to have met up but she was still collecting her new passport and was delayed. So we decided to head down to Takashimaya. Why? Because parking and exiting is so damn convenient there. I seriously seriously HATE to park at Far East. Not that it's a bad place, but it's about exiting. Traffic really doesn't stop. You gotta be 'gung-ho' and chiong out. Unsafe, but fun when you're driving a small but quick car. (Speaking of which, (cars I mean) I'll be changing one real soon... Touch on that later la)

Ah.... Taka. Love the place, the parking, the big parking, the 'everything' la. Went to buy my mom's favourite raisin bread, had myself green tea ice-cream while my beloved baby went to buy her doughnuts while successfully ensnaring my dollar notes from my hands (change from the ice-cream) and telling me it's for her "Chi-Chi fund". I'm so generous. :)

Singapore really small ah.... Guess who we met while walking out after the food section? The two Cheryls! Lee and Lam of course, so to speak. Anyways, they were saying they just came back from their US trip (although they were speaking rather softly, or are my ears failing me?). Been a long time. Always good to meet friends on the streets after a long time. In a way, both have changed, in terms of appearances.

Anyways, my beloved baby and I just sat at the fountain and enjoyed the sweet moments of being a couple while watching people go by, children trying to jump in to the fountain (ok I made that up, but wouldn't it be damn funny? haha :] ), while I tried finishing my ice-cream and coughing at the same time. Then we saw these 2 obviously obese kids racing one another down the stairs, baby was snickering at them, but I told her off. I mean hey, at least it's a good start right? Burn some calories ma. Hopefully when we get married and have kids, our kids won't become like that arh.. If not, confirm 'tao tia' (word 'headache' in hokkien). And then..... JingYin called! Finally the diva reached Orchard! Haha.. So long.. Better late than never ;) She had a craving for Thai food and the nearest was Paragon's ThaiExpress, so it was off to SawadeeExpress. Queue-d for a lil' while and when it was our turn, the diva (JingYin), came smack right on time ok! No joke! Like some precision timing or something! Went in together, and was pretty crowded la. But luckily we came a little early. If not the queue would've been much longer. Ordered our food and was served by this super enthusiastic waiter. Damn funny la. His enthusiasm is so damn infectious, that he makes you wanna cheer or something! Haha.. Well, I can't take seafood for the time being, so had to make do with chicken glass noodles, while my baby had prawn glass noodles, and JingYin had prawn omelette rice.

Guess what! The enthusiastic waiter fell! Flat on the floor. Poor him! Thankfully ThaiExpress things are mostly plastic, so nothing was broken. He wasn't broken too, although he was walking with a slight limp soon afterwards. Even the angmoh couple beside us told him to be careful. We told him don't fall again too. Haha... One word. Entertaining. After dinner, tipped him too. Honest fella la that guy. If I were to ever open an F&B outlet, this is the kinda worker I will certainly hire. Infectious enthusiasm, coupled with excellent customer service. I walked out of ThaiExpress, a very happy and satifsfied although not that full customer.

Home, home and away! Strolled back to Taka's carpark after dinner and set to send the two ladies home. Was pretty much an enjoyable day though, although it was a little short. But hey, why should I complain aye? At least I enjoyed myself. Hope my beloved baby enjoyed herself too! :)

Hrmm come to think of it, this is a rather long post. Been a long long really loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time since I posted this much. No worries, will post more frequently. Will touch on the topic of cars tomorrow.

Ciao for now peeps. Hope you had a great day.

Guten Nacht everyone, and sweet dreams.

P.s. Lucky you Jingyin! Can go Bangkok la! Haha.. I'll organise with Tiara a weekend ClubMed trip soon! Do join us k!

Ji